Wednesday 15 June 2016

More Splendid Sampler blocks.

I've completed two more blocks from the Splendid Sampler QAL.

# 32 The Constant Needle

This block, by Laurie Simpson, was a fairly straightforward applique block.  I used Bondaweb to stick the shapes onto the backing fabric and then used the blanket stitch on my sewing machine to finish it off.

#35 The Wishful Garden

The designer of this block, Kristyne Czepuryk, meant for the cross pieces to be strips of hand embroidered flowers but I've just used strips cut from my French General collection. I've been wanting to use this Fleur de Lys fabric for some time but it doesn't seem to fit well being cut up into small pieces and joined back together again.  This block is perfect for it, though.

1 comment:

  1. blocks looking good afraid I have not done any for a while so difficult to keep up with everything and seems like new BOMs are appearing allover the place that are hard to resist, I have said no more but that does not work

    ReplyDelete